Requirements for participation
All SIX requirements for participation, including the biennial physical exam, must be completed BEFORE the first practice.
1. A parent/guardian should fill out the GSA Athlete Consent Form
2. A parent/guardian should fill out the GSA Concussion Information Form
3. Age Limitation: An athlete must be under the age of twenty at the time of participation.
4. Physical Examination: An athlete must have passed a current 2-year physical exam. Record of the physical must be on file in the Athletic Office.
5. Academics: Most students successfully balance their academic work and extracurricular commitments. However, students who do not achieve and maintain satisfactory academic standing will not be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities that require significant and sustained time commitments until there is clear evidence of academic improvement. Such activities include jazz band/combo, drama, and competitive interscholastic activities such as athletics, chess team, and math team. Activities or events that are required for an academic class, such as field trips and band performances, are not affected by ineligibility criteria.